Content Creator and Hockey Coach at How To Hockey
Jeremy started this site years ago to review hockey training equipment, but has now turned it into a hub for hockey equipment reviews. For recent reviews on hockey sticks, skates, gloves, helmets and more visit the homepage or browse the categories in the menu. For new hockey videos every week you can follow How To Hockey on social media through the links above
Latest posts by Coach Jeremy (see all)
- Try These Shooting Drills with The Extreme Passing Kit - April 24, 2014
- Stickhandling Drills with the Dangler - March 5, 2014
- 5 Shooting Drills With the Extreme Passer Pro - January 26, 2014
I review a lot of products on this site, but what good is the product if you don’t know how to use it! In this article and video I give you 5 passing drills for hockey that you can do at home. These drills are all done on the Extreme Passing Kit from Hockeyshot.com
5 Fun Passing Drills
Passing Drills you can do at home
If you don’t have an extreme passing kit you will need to find a friend to pass to you!
- This one is very easy, but the right technique is important. Make sure you roll your wrists to keep the puck on the ice. You wan’t soft hands, don’t slap the puck!
- The technique on the backhand pass is similar to passing on the forehand. Start with the puck cupped, and finish the pass with a little wrist flick to keep the puck flat on the ice
- Forehand then Backhand
- Sometimes in hockey you get bad passes, in this drill you give the pass on your forehand and receive it on your backhand, then repeat. This drill forces you to move and react quickly
- Puck Juggling
- I like this drill a lot, you have to try to keep two pucks in motion at once. This drill requires good hand eye, good timing and hast hands!
- The Saucer pass
- For this drill you chip the puck over an obstacle and try to land it so it lands flat into the Extreme Passing Kit
Interested in the Extreme Passing Kit? You can learn more, or purchase it here
Leave a Reply